All inclusive price0.00 USD
|Max. Altitude:||6,189m / 2 0,305ft.||Walking Per Day:||4 - 6 Hours.|
|Nature:||Hotel + Logde + Tea House||Grade:|
|Best Season:||Spring / Autumn||Group Size:||Minimum 2|
Imja Tse peak or also popularly known as Island Peak stands tall with modest height of 6,189m. English Mountaineer Eric Shipton named it as an Island Peak in 1953. He thought it resembles an island in a sea of ice seeing it from Dingboche. In 1983, Island Peak again got its new name as Imja Tse. Island peak climbing is done along with the Everest Base Camp Trek. With very little technical aspects, it offers itself even to the beginner climber with competitive endurance. Hence, it is one of the most popular choices among the 6000m. Island Peak welcomes hundreds of climber group each year luring them to its peak.
Island Peak trek spans of around 16 days. The trip begins after landing in Lukla airport. Spending couple of nights in Namche Bazaar the climbers acquaint gradually before actually climbing the Island Peak. It takes four to five days to reach the Base camp of Island Peak. Here in the base camp climbers have to familiarize themself with the climatic condition before actually pushing themself to the summit. The ascent to the top starts off with along a ridge where climbers use foot traction device popularly known as crampons along with a rope to elevate upwards. The way across the glacier is easy with occasional fractures in them. After reaching the top, exquisite view of Lhotse Shar, Makalu, Baruntse and Ama Damblam is seen. This peak was first ascended by Tenzing Norgay who was a part of British Team preparing for the Everest Triumph.
After reaching the summit, you descend via main Everest Trail to Lukla Airport.
Day 01: Arrival to Kathmandu & Transfer to the Hotel (1,300m)
Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and trek to Phakding (2,800m)
Day 03: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazzar (3,440m)
Day 04: Trek from Namche Bazzar to Tyangboche Monastry (3,860m)
Day 05: Trek from Tangboche to Dingboche (4,243m)
Day 06: Acclimatization at Dingboche (rest day)
Day 07: Trek from Dingboche to Chhukung (4,730m)
Day 08: Trek from Chhukung to Island Peak Base camp (5,200m)
Day 09: Hike from Island Peak Base camp to High Camp (5,550m)
Day 10: High Camp to Island Peak Summit (6,189m) and Back to the base camp
Day 11: Trek from Island Peak Base Camp to Pangboche (3,985m)
Day 12: Trek from Pangboche to Namche Bazaar
Day 13: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla
Day 14: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu (transfer to Hotel)
Day 15: Leisure day in Kathmandu City
Day 16: Transfer to International Airport for final departure
- Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Twin Bed Room.
- Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staffs.
- Permit: Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Mountaineering Association to climb Island Peak, National park & TIMS permit, conservation area entry permit & fee.
- Garbage Management: Garbage Deposit fees.
- Insurance: Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek and climbing.
- Map: Trekking and climbing map.
- Member transportation:
- Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla - Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
- Climbing Stuffs Transportation: Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs From Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo) and to Base camp (by Porters / Yak) – While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters / Yak) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo).
- Member Luggage: Up to 15 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porter or Yak.
- Food and Lodging: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and BC. Well-managed base camp set up for member & Staffs.
- Porter: Porters (2 member : 1 Porter) up to Base camp from Lukla & Porters return from Base camp to Lukla.
- Base Camp Staff: Experienced and well-trained Base camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staffs & porters daily wages, equipment, food & clothing.
- Base Camp Tent: Each member will have individual Yak Mountain or Kailas tent in Base Camp.
- Base Camp equipment: All camping equipment such as Dining tent with table and chairs, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent, & all necessary cooking gears.
- Light: Necessary light at Dinning tent and Kitchen tent.
- Climbing Sherpa: Veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Guide.
- Climbing Sherpa Salary & Allowance: Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food And Clothing.
- Oxygen Bottle (O2): Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with appropiate charge).
- Oxygen Mask & Regulator: 1 Set of Summit Oxygen mask will be in base camp in case of an emergency.
- High camp service: Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for member, high altitude tent (sharing basis), high food for member, all climbing and cooking crew. Group climbing gears, fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- Walkie-Talkie: Walkie –Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- Permit: Walkie-talkie permit for all members and staffs.
- Comprehensive Medical kit.
- Certificate: Island Peak climbing certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association (after climbing the Island Peak successfully).
Note : All expedition stuffs and equipment has to be return after the expedition.
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, bottled or boiled water, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- Filming: Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit fee.
- Internet Service : Internet facility during the trek in not included.
- Summit Bonus: Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa $300 usd.
- Tips: Calculate some tips for Basecamp staffs.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.