Visa Procedure / Fees for Nepal
Immigration Office, TIA (Tribhuvan International Airport) under the Department of Immigration has been facilitating tourists flying to Nepal by providing visas on Arrival. To obtain a visa upon arrival by air in Nepal you must fill in an application form and provide a passport copy. Visa application forms are available at the arrival hall, though some airlines provide this form on the flight. There are now visa registration machines in the immigration hall for people with electronic passports, which will automatically fill out the visa form for you after inserting your passport. Or, you can get a visa from Nepalese Diplomatic Missions stationed in your own country before your arrival.
Nationals of the following countries are requested to acquire visas before they arrive from their nearby Diplomatic missions (Embassies/consulates) of the Nepal Government :
- Refugees with a travel document
On Arrival Visa Fee at Entry Points
- 15 Days - 30 USD
- 30 Days - 50 USD
- 90 Days - 125 USD
Visa Extension Fee
- Tourist visa extension is done for a minimum of 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
- In the case of a delay of fewer than 150 days additional USD 5 per day is a late fine.
Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of the following categories of Visa applicants:
- Children below 10 years except for US citizens
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizens (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year. Afghan citizens are eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of the Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request a concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with the Department of Immigration to get you a Gratis Visa 'On Arrival.
- Non-Residential Nepalese (NRN) card holder (issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals
- Officials from China, Brazil, Russia, and Thailand do not need Entry Visa based on a reciprocal visa waiver agreement.