Visa Procedure / Fees for Pakistan
Pakistan is regarded as one of the most popular destinations for undertaking mountaineering and trekking expeditions around the world. Seven Summit Treks specializes in operating these adventure expeditions in Pakistan. The clients traveling to Pakistan for mountaineering and trekking purposes with us have to apply for online visas to explore Pakistan. It might take 40-50 days to get a visa for Pakistan so the clients must apply 2 (two) months before the expedition or trek starts.
A client can apply for First Time (New) Single Entry Visa online in the following subcategories:
- Mountaineering (List of Mountains for which Visa can be applied can be seen here.)
- Trekking (List of Treks for which Visa can be applied can be seen here.)
Note: In your application, under Purpose of Visit - Mention the Mountains included in this list that you intend to climb).
Applicant must be a national of 191 Countries eligible for an online visa under the Pakistan Online Visa System.
- Mountaineering Application-Form (It is required if the application is made under Sub-Category “a”)
- Trekking Application-Form (It is required if the application is made under Sub-Category “b”)
- Sponsor letter/Agreement with designated tour operator by Department of Tourist Services (DTS)
Note: Your Sponsor letter/Agreement must be with a tour operator authorized by the DTS
- List of any members who are accompanying the applicant for Mountaineering or Trekking, if available with the applicant at the time of application submission.
Duration and Validity
The visa received under this category is valid for up to 3 Months – Single Entry Visa
Issuance of a Visa is the prerogative of the Government of Pakistan. Normally, it takes 6 - 8 Weeks (Working Days).
- If the application is Sent Back for Review to the Applicant, the set processing time will be applicable again (The processing time will re-start from the date of re-submission of the application). The Application will stand canceled if the applicant doesn’t resubmit his/her application within Seven (7) days from the date of application sent for review.
- You may plan your trip after acquiring Visa Grant Notice against your application.
- The fee charged online upon submission of your application is Visa Application Fee – IF Visa is GRANTED against your application then you will be required to pay Royalty Fee for Mountaineering and Trekking after coming to Pakistan – The guidelines to pay the Royalty Fee when you arrive in Pakistan are available here.
To calculate the fees for mountaineering or trekking you can visit the following link:
To apply for a visa for mountaineering or trekking purposes you can visit the following link: