Annapurna Region is widely regarded as one of the best trekking destinations in Nepal. Annapurna never fails to surprise voyagers with the options it holds. The Annapurna Circuit trek is one of the many possibilities of the Annapurna Region. The highest point of this trek is at 5,416m high Throng la Pass where it just touches the Tibetan Plateau. The total length of the route varies around 160 to 230 km depending upon the transportation you use. Normally, this trek starts from Besisahar Lamjung and ends on Nayapul, Pokhara. Most of the trekkers hike this route in the anticlockwise direction because the daily altitude gain is slower and throng la pass crossing is easier and safer. This setting can be changed depending upon your interest.
This journey takes you around the whole Mt. Annapurna Massif. You will walk through the world’s deepest gorge of Kali Gandaki River. On the way, you will be greeted by numerous peaks of height 6000-8000m. Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu, Tilicho Peak, and Pisang peaks are a few examples of what you will witness in your journey. On this journey you will go along with Marshyangdi River, on this way, magnificent views of Manaslu and Himal Chuli peaks can be seen. On the way along, Gurung and Ghale communities will greet you with warmth. On continuing to the north, majestic views of the arid Tibetan Plateau and Snowy white Himalayas can be seen.
This trekking was opened to foreigners in 1977. The most challenging ascent is the crossing of Thorong La Pass. At the top of the pass, we see the majestic mountain views before descending to the renowned holy temples at Muktinath. Annapurna Circuit Trek takes you to the popular city of Jomsom. Jomsom is the resting point for trekkers and well-facilitated hotels will make you relaxed. Several more places such as Jomsom and Lete will blow your mind with the astonishing view it offers you.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelB/DHotel
Drive from Kathmandu to Bulbule via Besishahar (760m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Bulbule to Tal (1,700m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Tal to Chame (2,630m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Chame to Pisang (3,300m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Pisang to Manang (3,500m)B/L/DLodge
Acclimatization at Manang (Rest Day)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Manang to Tilicho Base Camp (4,140m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Tilicho Base Camp - Tilicho Lake (4,919m) to Shree Kharka (4,060m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Shree Kharka to Thorong Phedi (4,600m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Thorong Phedi to Muktinath (3,800m) via Thorong La Pass (5,416m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Muktinath to Jomson (2,720m).B/L/DLodge
Drive from Jomsom to Pokhara via BeniB/LHotel
Fly / Drive from Pokhara to KathmanduBreakfastHotel
Sightseeing around Kathmandu ValleyBreakfastHotel
Transfer to International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- AIRPORTORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfer – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 3 nights sharing twin bedroom at the hotel (3-star category) in Kathmandu – Sharing twin Bedroom on BB Plan.
- ACCOMMODATION IN POKHARA : 1-night sharing twin bedroom at the hotel (3-star category) in Pokhara on a bed & breakfast basis.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- PERMITS : All necessary paper works: Annapurna Conservation area permit, TIMS Card & conservation entry fee.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek.
- MAP : Annapurna Region Trekking map.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) While returning: from Pokhara – to Kathmandu, as per itinerary. Land Transportation: Drive from Kathmandu to Bulbule and while returning Pokhara to Kathmandu (by tourist vehicles). Drive-by private/tourist vehicle: Jomsom to Pokhara.
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 15 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters.
- FOODS & LODGING : Food 3 meals a day (BLD; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge during the trek.
- DRINKS : 2 liters of boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- GUIDE : Local government-licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek and sight-seeing in Kathmandu valley.
- PORTER : Porters (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter’s daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- VALLEY SIGHTSEEING : Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley [ Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by a professional guide.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit.
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee is US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara (also in case of early return from Trekking than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU & POKHARA : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs.)
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beer, and any alcoholic beverages.
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears, etc.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Internet facility during the trek is not included.
- EXTRA PORTER : $20 USD for an extra porter per day (If an extra porter is demanded).
- TIPS : Tips for Guide, porters, and staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.