The highest of these peaks, marked Chulu West on the trekking maps, has a recorded altitude from at least two expeditions of nearer 6400m; this might more accurately be called Chulu Central. As a result, many climbing parties have mistakenly climbed one of these peaks thinking it to be Chulu East or West. It is usually understood that with the permit to climb the East or West peak an attempt can be made to the nearby peak as well.
The obvious approach to this peak diverges from the main trail to the Thorung La pass past the village of Manang and Base Camp is established in a small valley to the North. From base camp, the route follows a subsidiary North-West ridge that leads up to the main peak.
A climb of one or both of these peaks combined with Nepal's most famous Around the Annapurna trek makes up for one of the most spectacular Himalayan trekking and climbing outings.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelB/DHotel
Drive from Kathmandu to Syange (1,100m) via Besishahar (760m)B/L/DLodge
Drive from Syange to Lower Pisang (3,150m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Lower Pisang to Manang (3,540m)B/L/DLodge
Acclimatization in Manang (Rest day)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Manang to Ledar (4,200m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Ledar to Chulu West Basecamp (4,900m)B/L/DTent
Hike from Basecamp to Chulu West High Camp (5,600m)B/L/DTent
Climb from High Camp to Summit (6,419m) and descend to the BasecampB/L/DTent
Trek from Chulu West Basecamp to Manang (3,540m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Manang to Chame (2,670m)B/L/DLodge
Drive from Chame to BesishasharB/L/DLodge
Drive from Besi Shahar to Kathmandu & transfer to the HotelB/LHotel
Sightseeing around Kathmandu ValleyBreakfastHotel
Transfer to the International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfer – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 3 nights hotel (3-star category) in Kathmandu on a bed & breakfast Basis- Single Room Supplementary.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- PERMITS : Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Mountaineering Association to climb Chulu Peak, TIMS Card, Annapurna conservation area entry permit & fee.
- GARBAGE DEPOSIT : Garbage Deposit fees.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek and climbing.
- MAP : Trekking and climbing map.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : Drive from Kathmandu – to Lower Pisang. While returning Drive from Chame to Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
- CLIMBING STUFFS TRANSPORTATION : Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs from Kathmandu to Power Pisang and Base camp (by Porters / Mule) – While returning: Base camp to Chame (by porters / Mule) and Chame to Kathmandu (Drive).
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 30 Kg of personal baggage per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porter or Mule.
- FOODS & LODGING : Food 3 meals a day (BLD; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge during the trek.
- DRINKS : 2 liters of boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- PORTER : Porters (1 trekker: 1 porter) during the trek.
- CLIMBING SHERPA : Veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Guide.
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter's daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2 : Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with appropriate charge).
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE : Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for members, high altitude tent (sharing basis), high food for a member, Sherpa, and climbing crews. Group climbing gears, and fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- LIGHT : Necessary light at all tents. * if required.
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie–Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- GUIDE : Local government-licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek and sight-seeing in Kathmandu valley.
- VALLEY SIGHTSEEING : Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley [Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by a professional guide.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit.
- SUMMIT CERTIFICATE : Chulu West Peak climbing certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association (after climbing the Chulu West successfully).
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee is $60 USD per person for 30 days and to be applied for 60 days is $120 USD.
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, helicopter medical & emergency evacuation. *Mandatory
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical and emergency rescue evacuation costs if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs.)
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will serve soft drinks for members in base camp).
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Not included during the trek.
- EXTRA PORTER : $25 USD for an extra porter per day (If an extra porter is demanded).
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa.
- TIPS : Tips for Basecamp and other staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.