Makalu Base Camp Trekking: The fifth highest mountain in the world, Mount Makalu lies at the elevation of 8463m. It is situated in the Makalu Barun National Park, which covers an area of 2330 sq. km extending around the Solukhumbu and Sankhuwasabha districts of Nepal. And, the panorama of the highest mountain in the world such as Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse, Mount Chamlang, Makalu, and other mountains greets you.
Makalu base camp trek can be fairly challenging in some parts depending upon your level of physical fitness. The outstanding scenery of Makalu Base Camp Trek’s route significantly provides unique cultural heritage and incredible views of mountain peaks. The trek begins with a flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar of Mid-eastern Nepal for half an hour. The trail to Makalu Base Camp Trek envelops the plain, sub-tropical valley of the Arun River basin to extraordinary temperate passes called Keke La pass (4230m) and Tutu La pass (4200m), many edges ascend from the Barun River valley which is off the beaten mid-hill trails.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelB/DHotel
Fly from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and Drive to Num (1,560m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Num to Seduwa (1,510m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Seduwa to Tashi Gaun (2,070m)B/L/DTent
Acclimatization at Tashi Gaun (rest day)B/L/DTent
Trek from Tashi Gaun to Khongma (3,760m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Khongma to Mumbuk (3,520m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Mumbuk to Nehe Kharka (4,320m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Nehe Kharka to Makalu Base Camp (4,870m)B/L/DTent
Trek from MaKalu Base Camp to Yangle KharkaB/L/DTent
Trek from Yangle Kharka to KhongmaB/L/DTent
Trek from Khongma to SeduwaB/L/DTent
Trek from Seduwa to Num and drive to Khadbari or TumlingtarB/L/DLodge
Drive from Khandbari to Tumlingtar Fly to Kathmandu & Transfer to the HotelB/LHotel
Sightseeing around Kathmandu ValleyBreakfastHotel
Transfer to International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfer – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 3 nights sharing a twin bedroom at the hotel (3 Star category) in Kathmandu on a bed & breakfast basis.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- PERMITS : All necessary paper works: Makalu Barun National Park permit, TIMS Card & conservation area entry permit, and its fee.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek.
- MAP : Makalu Region Trekking map.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu - Tumlingtar - Kathmandu, as per itinerary. Land Transportation: Drive Tumlingtar to Num and While Returning: Num to Tumlingtar
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 20 Kg of personal baggage per member during the trek carried by porters.
- FOODS & LODGING : 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation sharing a twin bedroom at /Lodge/Camping/Tea House during the trek.
- CAMPING EQUIPMENT : All Necessary equipment for Camping during the trek.
- DRINKS : 2 liters of boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- GUIDE : Government licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek and sightseeing in Kathmandu valley.
- PORTER : Porters (1 trekker: 1 porter) during the trek.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porters' daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- VALLEY SIGHTSEEING : Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley [Pashupatinath Temple and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by a professional guide.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for group.
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee is US$ 60 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 120).
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights' accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation. *mandatory
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs.)
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beer, and any alcoholic beverages.
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears, etc.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Internet facility during the trek is not included.
- EXTRA PORTER : USD 30 USD for an extra per porter per day (If an extra porter is demanded).
- TIPS : Tips for Guide, porters, and staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.