If you are one of those, who just started trekking and if you consider yourself a fit, then Manaslu Circuit Trekking, which legally opened in 1991 is well suited for you. However, one has to make sure of good cardiovascular fitness as well before planning to embark journey. This journey is best for those who look for adventures but have fewer technicalities. Manaslu Circuit is by far the concealed region of Nepal, not much exploration has been done here. This round trekking displays breathtaking views of mountains with a fascinating diversity of flora and fauna. The cultural diversity of indigenous groups like Gurung and Sherpa captivates even more. Manaslu Trek route is spread up to Nepal – Tibet Border, but it is restricted to be there. This circuit has been the best alternative to Annapurna Circuit. This has to be one of the most loved tourist destinations in Nepal.
Having only opened in the early 1990s (and the Tsum Valley section much later) this has the feel of an exploratory trek, far off the beaten trail and far from crowds of trekkers. On the Tsum Valley section of the trek, altitudes are over 3,000m and trekkers do have to cross the Larkya La at 5,160m, often through snow and ice, and sometimes fixed ropes may be necessary.
The weather is generally unpredictable; the temperature varies from -10 degrees C to 20 degrees C. It is strongly recommended to carry warmer clothes no matter which season you travel. This Trek has a flawless balance of Nepali culture and mountain scenery.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Sightseeing around Kathmandu ValleyB/DHotel
Drive from Kathmandu to Soti KholaB/L/DLodge
Trek from Soti Khola to Maccha Khola (900m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Maccha Khola to Jagat (1,410m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Jagat to Lokpa (2,240m) Dyang (1,804m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Lokpa to Chumling (2,386m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Chumling to Chekampar (3,031m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Chekampar to Nile (3,361m)B/L/DLodge
Hike to Mu Gompa (3,700m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Nile to Chekampar (3,031m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Chekampar to Chumling (2,386m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Chumlung to Dyang (1,804m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Dyang to Namrung (2,630m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Namrung to Samagaon (3,530m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Samagaon to Pungyen Gumba (4,400m) to Samagaon: 1 hrs exploration dayB/L/DLodge
Trek from Samagaon to Samdo (3,860m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Samdo to Dharamsala/Larkya B. C. (4,460m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Dharamsala to Larkya La (5,106m) to Bhimthang (3,720m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Tilije to Dharapani and drive to BesishaharB/L/DLodge
Drive from Besishahar to Kathmandu & transfer to the HotelB/LHotel
Transfer to International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE : Both International and Domestic airports pick up and drop.
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 3 nights sharing a twin bedroom at a hotel (3 Star Category) in Kathmandu on a bed & breakfast basis.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- PERMITS : All necessary paper works: Trekking Permit (including MCAP & ACAP) and special–restricted area permit, TIMS Card & conservation entry fee.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek.
- PERMITS : Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Everest and Lobuche Peak, Sagarmatha National Park permit, TIMS CARD & Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality Entry Permit and its fee.
- MAP : Manaslu Region Trekking map.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : Land Transportation: Kathmandu – Arughat – Shoti Khola and while returning Dharapani - Kathmandu (by reserved Jeep, as per itinerary)
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 20 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carried by porters.
- FOODS & LODGING : Food 3 meals a day (BLD; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek.
- DRINKS : 2 liters of boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- GUIDE : A local government licensed Guide during the trek and in Kathmandu sightseeing.
- PORTER : Porters (1 trekker: 1 porter) during the trek.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porters' daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- SIGHTSEEING : Sightseeing major world heritage sights around Kathmandu Valley [Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by a professional guide.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit.
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee is US$ 60 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 120).
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs.) *mandatory
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beer, and any alcoholic beverages.
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears, etc.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Internet facility during the trek is not included.
- EXTRA PORTER : $20 USD for an extra porter per day (If an extra porter is demanded).
- TIPS : Tips for Guide, porters, and staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.