|Country:||Nepal||Peak Name:||Mt. Annapurna I|
|Duration:||37 Days||Route:||North Face|
|Weather Reports:||Report||Range:||Annapurna Range|
The Annapurna Region in northwestern Nepal has been listed as one of the world’s best trekking destinations. Annapurna is a series of peaks in the Himalayas, a 55 km long massif of which the highest point, Annapurna I, stands at 8091m, making it the 10th-highest summit in the world and one of the 14 "eight-thousanders". The Annapurna region is situated in middle north Nepal and is defined by the Kali Gandaki River to the west, the Marsyangdi and Dudh Khola valleys to the east, the Pokhara valley to the south, and the Himalaya foothills that run along the Nepal-Tibetan border to the north.
It’s considered as one of the technical and difficult mountains among 8000m peaks due to the peak’s prone to avalanches and high fatality rate to summit ratio. Despite being the first 8000ers to be climbed, it is still of the least climbed 8000ers mountains. Annapurna is a Sanskrit name, which literally means "full of food" (feminine form), but is normally translated as Goddess of the Harvests. In Hinduism, Annapurna is a goddess of fertility and agriculture and an avatar of Durga.
Rest in Kathmandu, Expedition Briefing and PreparationB/DHotel
Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara & transfer to the HotelB/L/DLodge
Drive from Pokhara to Dana (1,200m)B/L/DLodge
Fly by Heli from Dana to Annapurna I Basecamp (4,190m)B/L/DTent
Climbing Period [Basecamp - Annapurna I Summit (8,091m) - Basecamp]B/L/DTent
Fly by Heli from Annapurna I Basecamp to Dana (1,200m) * in a groupB/L/DLodge
Drive from Dana to Pokhara City & Fly to Kathmandu (Hotel Transfer)B/LHotel
Leisure day in Kathmandu CityBreakfastHotel
Transfer to International Airport for final departureBreakfast
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
- AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 4 nights of hotel accommodation (3-star category) in Kathmandu on BB plan- Sharing Twin Bed Room.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- ACCOMMODATION IN POKHARA : 1-night Hotel in Pokhara City (3-star category) on BB plan- Sharing Twin Bed Room.
- PERMITS : Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Annapurna I, Annapurna conservation area entry permits & fee.
- LIAISON OFFICER : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment ($3000), salary, and accommodation.
- GARBAGE DEPOSIT : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek and expedition.
- MAP : Trekking Route Map.
- CARGO CLEARANCE : Assistance for cargo clearance in Nepal’s Custom Department, clearance cost is subject to a charge. *Before the expedition.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : (Standard Route Itinerary) Air Transportation (Domestic Flight): Fly from Kathmandu – to Pokhara, drive from Pokhara to Dana, and Helicopter flight from Dana to Annapurna Base Camp (in a group). While returning Helicopter flight from Basecamp to Dana, Drive from Dana to Pokhara, and from Pokhara Fly to Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
- EXPEDITION STUFF TRANSPORTATION : Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs from Kathmandu to Dana (by Jeep) and from Dana to Base camp (By heli/ donkey/ Porters – Depending upon condition) – While returning: Base camp to Dana (By heli/ donkey/ Porters – Depending upon condition) and Dana to Kathmandu (by Jeep).
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 60 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porter or Yak.
- FOODS & LODGING : 3 meals a day (BLD; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and Basecamp. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staff.
- CAMPING EQUIPMENT : All Necessary equipment for Camping during the trek.
- PORTERS : Porters per member as required.
- BASE CAMP STAFF : Experienced and well-trained Base Camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter’s daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have an individual Yak Mountain or Kaila’s tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : At Base camp: foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staff, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- HEATER : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camps.
- SOLAR/GENERATOR/LIGHT : 1 Solar panel or Generator for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- HIGH ALTITUDE CLIMBING SHERPA : 1 veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Sherpa per member. (1 Member: 1 Sherpa).
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE : High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot, High food for a member, Sherpa, and other crews at (C1) (C2) (C3) and (C4). Group climbing gears, and fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- ROPE FIXING : The team of experienced Sherpas will fix the route on Annapurna (no extra charge will be applied to members).
- SATELLITE PHONE : Satellite Phone for emergency communication carried by Sherpa, also available for members with appropriate charge.
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie–Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- WALKIE-TALKIE PERMIT : Satellite Phone/walkie-talkie permit for all members and staff.
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast report from Meteotest, Bern (Switzerland) during the entire expedition.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for group and staff.
- SUMMIT CERTIFICATE : Mt. Annapurna I climbing certificate issued by MoCTCA (after climbing Mt. Annapurna I successfully).
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee is $60 USD per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days is $120 USD).
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu and Pokhara (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU & POKHARA : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, Helicopter medical & emergency evacuation. *Mandatory
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical and emergency rescue evacuation costs if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs).
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beers, and any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will soft drinks for members at base camp).
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Not included during the trek.
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa- Minimum 1500 USD.
- TIPS : Calculate some tips for Basecamp staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.