Cholatse (also known as Jobo Lhaptshan) is a mountain in the Khumbu region of the Nepalese Himalaya. Cholatse is connected to Taboche (6,501m) by a long ridge. The Cho La glacier descends off the east face. The north and east faces of Cholatse can be seen from Dughla, on the trail to Mount Everest base camp.
Cholatse was first climbed via the southwest ridge on April 22, 1982, by Vern Clevenger, Galen Rowell, John Roskelley, and Bill O'Connor. The north face was successfully scaled in 1984. The first solo ascent was accomplished on April 15, 2005, by Ueli Steck through the north face. Mt Cholatse, follows caravan routes after flying to Lukla and trekking to Gokyo, climbing Gokyo Ri for acclimatization, continuing trekking to Cholatse Base Camp, and returning down to Namche and final departure from Lukla.
Comparatively, Cholatse Peak is very hard to climb than other peaks in Nepal. Mt Cholatse is a technically difficult peak it requires careful ascent. We recommended Cholatse peak for those climbers who are experienced in ice and rock climbing. Only a few climbers get success in Cholatse peak climbing. Climbers need a vast mountaineering ability to climb Cholatse peak.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Fly from Kathmandu –to Lukla, and trek to Phakding (2,800m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)B/L/DLodge
Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar: Hike to Khumjung ValleyB/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole (4,200m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Dole to Machhermo (4,450m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo (4,750m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Gokyo to Thagnak (4,750m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Thagnak to Zungla (4,620m) via crossing Cho La Pass (5,330m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Zungla to Cholatse Basecamp (4,590m)B/L/DTent
Climbing Period [Basecamp - High Camp - Summit (6,440m) - Basecamp]B/L/DTent
Trek from the Base Camp to Pangboche (3,930m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Pangboche to Namche BazaarB/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche Bazaar to LuklaB/L/DLodge
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu & Transfer to the HotelB/LHotel
Leisure day in Kathmandu CityB/DHotel
Transfer to International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfer – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 3 nights hotel (3-star category) in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Sharing Twin Bed Room.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- CARGO CLEARANCE : Assistance for cargo clearance in Nepal’s Custom Department, clearance cost is subject to a charge. **before the expedition
- PERMITS : Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) to climb Mt. Cholatse, Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipal entry, Sagarmatha National park permit & fee.
- GARBAGE DEPOSIT : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- MAP : Trekking Route Map.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek and expedition.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : Air Transportation: Fly from Kathmandu – to Lukla and while returning Lukla – to Kathmandu, domestic flight as per itinerary
- EXPEDITION STUFFS TRANSPORTATION : Transportation of expedition equipment of all Members and Staff from Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo) and to Base camp (by Porters / Yak) – While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters / Yak) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo). Member’s equipment will be transported by air.
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 60 Kg of personal baggage per member during the trek carried by porters or Yaks.
- FOODS & LODGING : 3 meals a day (BLD; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and BC. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staffs.
- DRINKS : 2 liters of boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- PORTER : Porters per member up to Base camp from Lukla & while returning porters from Base camp to Lukla.
- BASE CAMP STAFF : Experienced and well-trained Base Camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter’s daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have an individual Yak Mountain or Kailas tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : At Base camp: foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staff, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- SOLAR/GENERATOR/HEATER : 1 Solar panel or Generator for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- HIGH ALTITUDE CLIMBING SHERPA : 1 veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Sherpa per member.
- ROPE FIXING : The team of experienced Sherpas will fix the route on Mt. Cholatse (no extra charge will be applied to members). Condition Applied*
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE : High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot for a member, High food for a member, Sherpa, all climbing crew in all high camps. Group climbing gears, and fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required. * Increases the cost
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2) : Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (subjected to charge).
- OXYGEN MASK & REGULATOR : Sets of Summit Oxygen mask & regulator will be in base camp in case of an emergency.
- SATELLITE PHONE : Satellite Phone for emergency communication carried by Sherpa, also available for members with appropriate charge.
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie –Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- WALKIE-TALKIE PERMIT : Satellite Phone/walkie-talkie permit for all members and staff.
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast report from the National Weather Forecast authority during the entire expedition.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit.
- SUMMIT CERTIFICATE : Mt. Cholatse climbing certificate issued by NMA (after climbing Mt. Cholatse successfully).
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee is $60 USD per person for 30 days and to be applied for 60 days $120 USD.
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, helicopter medical & emergency evacuation. *Mandatory
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical and emergency rescue evacuation costs if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs.)
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will serve soft drinks for members in base camp).
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- ROPE FIXING, GEARS & EQUIPMENT : Mt. Cholaste is a technical and multiday climbing peak, this peak requires route and rope fixing. (Clients need to buy all Necessity gears and equipment if they are taking just basecamp service).
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Not included during the trek.
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa.
- TIPS : Tips for Basecamp and other staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.