|Country:||Pakistan||Peak Name:||Mt. Gasherbrum I|
|Duration:||50 Days||Route:||The Japanese Couloir|
|Weather Reports:||Report||Range:||Karakoram Range|
Gasherbrum I is one of the "least popular" of the 8000-meter peaks. It is also one of the peaks with the least deaths, but this probably has to do with the fact that only really experienced mountaineers try a peak as difficult as Gasherbrum I. The peak was also the venue of the world’s first 8,000-meter climb in pure Alpine Style. This means that the start of the climb is done from the bottom of the mountain and all gears are carried on the way, if any bivouacs, they will be found on the way.
Arrival in Islamabad & Transfer to the HotelDinnerHotel
Fly from Islamabad to Skardu (2,228m)BreakfastHotel
Rest in SkarduBreakfastHotel
Rest Day in Skardu: Expedition briefing and preparationBreakfastHotel
Drive from Skardu to Askole (2,600m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Askole to Jhola (3,185m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Jhola to Paiyu (3,383m)B/L/DTent
Rest day in PaiyuB/L/DTent
Trek from Paiyu to Urdukas (4,130m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Urdukas to Goro II (4,250m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Goro II to ShagharingB/L/DTent
Trek from Shagharing to G II Basecamp (5,000m)B/L/DTent
Climbing Period [Basecamp - Summit (8,080m) - Basecamp]B/L/DTent
Basecamp Cleanup: Preparation for Descending backB/L/DTent
Trek from Basecamp to Goro IIB/L/DTent
Trek from Goro II to KhuburtzeB/L/DTent
Trek from Khuburtze to MundungB/L/DTent
Trek from Mundung to AskoleB/L/DTent
Drive from Askole to SkarduB/L/DHotel
Fare well and De-briefing in SkarduBreakfastHotel
Fly from Skardu to Islamabad & transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Leisure day in IslamabadBreakfastHotel
Transfer to the International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN ISLAMABAD : 3 nights hotel at 4-star Hotel in Islamabad on bed & breakfast Basis- Sharing Twin Bed Room.
- ACCOMMODATION IN SKARDU : 5 nights hotel in Skardu on Bed and Breakfast plan.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Islamabad with Expedition Staff.
- CARGO CLEARANCE : Assistance for cargo clearance in Pakistan’s Custom Department, clearance cost is subject to a charge. **before the expedition.
- PERMITS : Expedition Royalty and permit of Pakistan Government to climb Gasherbrum I.
- LIAISON OFFICER : 1 Liaison officer with full equipment, salary, and accommodation.
- GARBAGE DEPOSIT : Garbage Deposit fees.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Expedition staff during the trek and expedition.
- MAP : Trekking and climbing map.
- DUFFLE BAG : Seven Summit Treks duffle bag.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : Domestic Flight: Flight for all members from Islamabad to Skardu and Skardu to Islamabad with one Guide, as per Itinerary. Land Transportation (Members): Drive by Jeep Skardu to Askole and on returning Askole to Skardu. Land Transportation (Staffs): Islamabad to Askole via Skardu (by bus/jeep) for All Climbing Sherpas and Expeditions Staffs. (At Skardu all members and staff will meet each other).
- EXPEDITION STUFF TRANSPORTATION : Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staff from Kathmandu to Pakistan by air cargo - Islamabad to Askole by bus / Jeep and to basecamp by Porters / Mule. While Returning: Basecamp to Askole by porters / Mule and Askole to Islamabad by bus/jeep.
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 60 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters.
- FOODS & LODGING : 3 meals a day (BLD; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Camp during the trek and Basecamp. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staffs.
- CAMPING EQUIPMENT : All Necessary equipment for Camping during the trek.
- PORTERS : Porters per member up to Base camp from Askole & Porters while returning from Basecamp to Askole.
- BASE CAMP STAFF : Experienced and well-trained Base camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter’s daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have an individual Yak Mountain or Kailas tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : At Base camp: foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staff, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- HEATER : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camps.
- SOLAR/GENERATOR/LIGHT : 1 Solar panel or Generator for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- HIGH ALTITUDE CLIMBING SHERPA : 1 veteran and Government Licensed Sherpa per member.
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2) : Summit Oxygen cylinder: 2 oxygen bottles (4 ltrs.) for each member and 1-oxygen bottle for each high-altitude Sherpa.
- OXYGEN MASK & REGULATOR : 1 Set of Summit Oxygen masks for each member and high-altitude Sherpa, which has to be returned after the expedition.
- ROPE FIXING : The team of experienced Sherpas will fix the route in Gasherbrum I (no extra charge will be applied to members).
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE : High Altitude Tents, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot for a member, High food for a member, Sherpa, all climbing and cooking crew in between (C1) (C2) (C3). Group climbing gears, and fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- INTERNET : Reliable & high-speed Internet access Wi-Fi is free to all climbers on our expedition at base camp.
- SATELLITE PHONE : Satellite Phone for emergency communication carried by Sherpa, also available for members with appropriate charge.
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie –Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- WALKIE-TALKIE PERMIT : Satellite Phone/walkie-talkie permit for all members and staff.
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast report from Meteotest, Bern (Switzerland) during the entire expedition.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for group and staff.
- SUMMIT CERTIFICATE : Gasherbrum I climbing certificate issued by Pakistani Alpine Club (after climbing Gasherbrum I successfully).
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Islamabad).
- PAKISTAN VISA FEES : Pakistani Visa fee.
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Islamabad & Skardu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN ISLAMABAD & SKARDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Islamabad & Skardu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high-altitude insurance, accident, Helicopter medical & emergency evacuation. *Mandatory
- CANCELLATION : Trip cancellation insurance.
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical and emergency rescue evacuation costs if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs).
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beers, and any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in the city but we will soft drinks for members at base camp).
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Not included during the trek.
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa- Minimum 1500 USD. (Applies to Full Board Member).
- TIPS : Calculate some tips for Basecamp staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” Section.