Mount K2 (8611m) is the second-highest peak in the world and the highest peak in Pakistan. Mount K2 is also known as CHOGORI which in the Balti language means the king of mountains. Mt. K2 has variously been described as an "awesome", " Killer" and "Savage" Mountain. Just because of the massiveness of its size and unsuccessful multiple attempts made on it by various expedition parties. K2 is a rocky mountain up to 6000-m, beyond this it becomes an ocean of snow. K2, 8611m is situated on the Pakistan-China border in the mighty Karakorum. The traditional route to its base camp goes from Skardu Baltistan which is linked with Islamabad by Karakoram Highway as well as by air. From Skardu, the route goes via Shigar-Dassu-Askole up to Concordia over the Baltoro Glacier. To the summit, we use the safest route and i.e ABRUZZI route. Even though these routes have become common, we are very familiar with the steep snow slopes and difficult rock parts.
Our K2 expedition 2023 will begin from Islamabad and further flight to Skardu by Plane because that saves our time for climbing Mt. K2. The Vertical height gain from the Base camp to the summit is over 3500m. on which we will aim to place four further camps to support your ascent and acclimatization. The route leads from base camp to Camp 2, Chimney House and climbs Black Pyramid to Camp 3 and Camp 4 (7950m2 / 6083ft) below The Shoulder (8000m) of Mt. K2. And Straight attempt through the Abruzzi route via Bottleneck (8210m) to the SUMMIT (8611m/28251ft) and down to Camp 4/Camp 3 (safe zone).
Once Seven Summit Treks started to organize an expedition on Mt. K2 Expedition, there are more than 80 climbers, able to reach the top of Mt. K2. We proudly can say that we are the ones who hold a high success rate on mt. K2. We are the best among the other organizer on Mt. K2. The expedition will be fully supported by a great Nepalese Sherpa team with previous experience in Mt. K2 climbing and technically skilled and worked with Seven Summit Treks. The Sherpa will have perfect knowledge of climbing, risk management, friendly behavior, and be highly motivated.
K2 (2023) Expedition Leader: Chhang Dawa Sherpa
Mr. Chhang Dawa Sherpa (July -30-1982), Expedition Manager of Seven Summit Treks is the second person among Nepalese who successfully summit 14 mountains of the world that are above 8000 meters. As in previous years, he will be leading and guiding the whole team of SST in K2 8611m, it was a great success in 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, and 2022 under the leadership of Dawa. Under his leadership, SST conducted a successful expedition overall of 8000m peaks in Nepal, China, and Pakistan. A notable climb is K2 Winter Expedition in 2021 under his leadership.
" We await to serve you our service and share our experience with you "
A scenic flight to Skardu, drive to Jhola, and further trek to basecamp and reached at the elevation of 5,150m. The trek to basecamp with great views of Karakoram. After 6 days of the trek, you reach BC of Mt. K2. At basecamp, you will be awaited by our best Sherpa Team. Seven Summit Treks have the best setup of basecamp. You will be spending about a month at basecamp. Each member will get a separate member tent and dining in sharing, kitchen, shower, communication, and toilet tents. Before we climb the mountain, we make a big puja ceremony at base camp for good luck and safe climbing.
Camp I (6,000m/19,685ft)
Once you reached basecamp, your personal climbing Sherpa or team leader will review basic and advanced training at basecamp. For the best acclimatization, once fix rope is fixed by the Sherpa team you will climb to camp I which lies at the altitude of 6000m. In this section of climbing, you will encounter mixed terrain with a few crevasses, rock parts, and ice on the section glacier. This will take you about 5 to 6 hours of climbing. We will have frequent rotation on camp I and back to base camp.
Camp II (6,760m/22,178ft)
The climbing from camp I to camp II is the most difficult and challenging climbing section. In this section of the climb, you will encounter the Black Chimney, some rock parts, and a steep climb but there will be fixed rope so there will be safe climbing with our Sherpa which is our main priority. This section of climbing will take about 4 to 5 hrs.
Camp III (7,350m/24,114ft)
Climbing from camp II to camp III is a bit long-distance climb. Where you will encounter with Black Pyramid. It will take 5 to 6 hours. You will be climbing with the climbing Sherpa and with a fixed rope.
Camp IV Shoulder (7,950m/26,083ft)
Climbing from camp III to IV is full of snow part only. It’s a bit easier than the earlier rocky part though because of the high altitude, the climbing becomes challenging and the member starts to use oxygen from this point. While climbing, your personal climbing guide will be always together. This section of climbing will take 4 -5 hours.
Climbing along with Camp IV to Summit at the altitude of 8,211m there you will reach the bottleneck of Mt. K2. Where, there is a steep rocky part and snow and this part is very risky with the possibility of avalanche and once you cross this section the easier parts begin.
The most important day is summit day. It is the main goal achieving day for all the climbers. It’s a dream come true day. So, most of the climbers begin their summit push at midnight and will walk to the summit for about 8 to 10 hours and will reach the summit about 8-10 am (morning). The Summit of Mt. K2 is stunning. You will be mesmerized by the beautiful view of different 8000m peaks like Broad Peak, GI, GII, and many beautiful mountains of the Pakistan Himalayas. On the same day after taking some pictures, you will walk down to camp II or basecamp, which will take about 6 to 7 hours. descending from the summit is also a difficult part of this expedition so safety descent is also an important part of summit day. Seven Summit Treks will have one climbing Sherpa with one member from camp IV to summit day and till back to basecamp. SST guide will carry oxygen cylinder of Members and himself. For the safe summit of Mt. K2 SST will always have guidelines of the best weather forecast, communication, and back support from basecamp leader. Rope fixing up to the summit is the major duty of our climbing Sherpa so we highly admire our Sherpa for fixing ropes, and making all the effort to get the group reaches to the summit of Mt. K2.
Arrival in Islamabad & Transfer to the HotelN/AHotel
Fly from Islamabad to Skardu (2,228m)BreakfastHotel
Rest Day in SkarduBreakfastHotel
Rest Day in Skardu: Expedition briefing and preparationBreakfastHotel
Drive from Skardu to Askole (2,600m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Askole to Jhola (3,185m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Jhola to Paiyu (3,383m)B/L/DTent
Rest day in PaiyuB/L/DTent
Trek from Paiyu to Urdukas (4,130m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Urdukas to Goro II (4,250m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Goro II to Concordia (4,690m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Concordia (4,690m) to K 2 Basecamp (5,150m)B/L/DTent
Rotation: [Basecamp – Rotation (Camp I, Camp II and Camp III) – Basecamp]Full BoardTent
Climbing Period [Base Camp – K2 Summit (8,611m) – Base Camp]Full BoardTent
Cleaning Up Basecamp: Preparation for descending backB/L/DTent
Trek from Basecamp to Goro IIB/L/DTent
Trek from Goro II to KhuburtzeB/L/DTent
Trek from Khuburtze to MundungB/L/DTent
Trek from Mundung to AskoleB/L/DHotel
Drive from Askole to SkarduB/LHotel
Leisure day in Skardu (De-briefing at Ministry)BreakfastHotel
Fly from Skardu to Islamabad & transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Transfer to the International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE : Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop), by private vehicle.
- HOTEL ACCOMMODATION IN ISLAMABAD : 2 nights hotel in ISLAMABAD (4-star category) - single room on bed and breakfast plan.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in ISLAMABAD with Office Staff.
- CARGO CLEARANCE : Assistance for cargo clearance in Pakistan’s Customs, clearance cost is subject to a charge.
- PERMIT : Expedition Royalty and a permit fee of the PAKISTAN Government to climb Mt. K2, for members and Sherpa.
- LIAISON OFFICER : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary, and accommodation.
- GARBAGE MANAGEMENT : Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese / Pakistani staff during the trek and expedition.
- MAP : Trekking and climbing map.
- DUFFLE BAG : One Seven Summit Treks’ Duffle Bag.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : (Domestic Flight) Fly from Islamabad to Skardu and while returning from Skardu to Islamabad, as per itinerary, along with one guide. LAND TRANSPORTATION (MEMBERS): Drive by jeep Skardu to Askole and on returning Askole to Skardu. LAND TRANSPORTATION (STAFF): Islamabad to Askole via Skardu (by bus/jeep) for all climbing Sherpas and expeditions staff. (Members and staff will meet each other in Skardu)
- EXPEDITION STUFF TRANSPORTATION : All necessary expedition equipment transportation for all Members and Staff from Nepal to Pakistan (by air cargo) – Islamabad to Askole (by truck/jeep) and Base camp (by Porters/mules) – While returning: Base camp to Askole (by porters/mules) and Askole to Islamabad (by Truck/jeep). Based on the condition, different transportation variants may adopt.
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 60 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek to be carried by porters or Mules.
- FOOD AND LODGING : 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/TENT during the trek and at the Basecamp. Hygienic and green vegetables, meat, fruits, soft drinks, and juice will be served during the entire expedition. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staff.
- CAMPING : All necessary logistic arrangements for Camping during the trek.
- PORTER : Porters per member up to the basecamp and from the basecamp (both ways).
- BASE CAMP STAFF : Experienced and well-trained Base Camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- BASE CAMP COOK : 1 Nepalese and 1 Pakistani well-trained cook for the team.
- STAFF SALARY AND ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter’s daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have an individual box tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : Single Tent, foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staff, Store tent, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- HEATER : Heater at base camp in each Dining and other necessary camps.
- SOLAR/GENERATOR/LIGHT : 1 Solar panel and Generator for lights at base camp, FOR battery charges, laptop, and other electronic devices.
- TRAINING : Oxygen, Mask Regulator, Ice wall, and Ladder training at basecamp by UIAGM Guide.
- HIGH ALTITUDE CLIMBING SHERPA : 1 veteran and government-licensed climbing Sherpa per member (1 Member: 1 Sherpa), during the entire climb from Basecamp to the summit and back, and on each rotation.
- ASSISTANCE : Climbing Sherpa to assist in carrying your gear to the high camps.
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2) : Summit Oxygen cylinder: 5 oxygen bottles (4 liters) for each member and 3 oxygen bottles for each high-altitude Sherpa. **
- OXYGEN MASK & REGULATOR : 1 Set of Summit Oxygen masks & regulator for each member and high-altitude Sherpa. **
- BACK UP OXYGEN : BACK UP Oxygen Cylinder, mask, and regulator (SUBJECT TO A CHARGE).
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE (INFRASTRUCTURE AND LOGISTICS) : High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot, High food for a member, Sherpa, and other crews at (C1) (C2) (C3) and (C4). Group climbing gears, fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- HIGH ALTITUDE TENT : Members will share tents in high camps (2 members: 1 tent).
- ROPE FIXING TEAM : The team of experienced Sherpas (including personal Sherpa) will fix the route to the summit of K2 (no extra charge will be applied to members).
- SATELLITE PHONE : Satellite Phone for emergency communication carried by Sherpa, also available for members (SUBJECT TO A CHARGE).
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie–Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- PERMITS : Satellite Phone/walkie-talkie permit for all members and staff.
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast report regularly from Meteotest, Bern (Switzerland) during the entire expedition.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for members and staff.
- CERTIFICATE : K2 climbing certificate issued by PAKISTANI ALPINE CLUB (after climbing Mt. K2 successfully).
- AIR FARE : International flight airfare (from and to Islamabad).
- PAKISTAN ENTRY VISA FEE : PAKISTANI Visa fee for 90 DAYS.
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Islamabad and Skardu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHT IN ISLAMABAD & SKARDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Islamabad & Skardu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition, or domestic flight cancellation (due to any other reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE POLICY : Insurance covering both medical and high-altitude evacuation costs (for the trip cancellation, interruption, high-altitude rescue & air evacuation, medical treatment, repatriation, etc.) *Mandatory
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone Calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beers, and any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Islamabad & Skardu but we will have soft drinks for members at base camp).
- PERSONAL CLIMBING EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items, Bags, Personal Medical Kit, and all kinds of Personal Trekking / Climbing Gear.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Not included during the trek.
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa- Minimum 2000 USD.
- TIPS : Calculate some tips for basecamp and high camp staff – Minimum 400 USD.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary and not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.
Highlight Of Trip
Highlight Of Trip
- 15 June 2023 - 05 August 2023
- Experience climbing second highest mountain in the world
- 1 Climber : 1 Sherpa
- 5 Bottles of Oxygen
- Satellite phone for communication