The Cho La with EBC trek Starts at Lukla (2828m/9278 feet) and follows the Dudh Koshi valley which climbs up to the Sherpa capital of Namche, a bustling bazaar that’s a junction for trekkers, the local Sherpa, and expedition’s route to the mighty Mt. Everest. All along this part of the trail, its friendly Sherpa people, picturesque villages great variety of culture and traditions, colorful festivals, and monasteries. We ascend to Gokyo for Cho La Pass. An excursion to the fourth and fifth lakes would be an extra attraction in Gokyo Valley from where the views are great. The Ngozumpa Glacier is the largest in the Nepal Himalayas. The Gokyo Ri (5330m/17487 feet) is considered the best viewpoint in the entire Everest Region. After exploring this imaging place, we cross over Chola-La pass (5420m) to go to Everest Base Camp. We also have a chance to visit Kalapather (5550m,) for a close view of Mt. Everest and Everest base camp (5364m,) to see the Khumbu icefall. The trail descends via Dingboche and Tengboche. We then trek down by making our way back down to Lukla.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelB/DHotel
Fly from Kathmandu – to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2,800m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)B/L/DLodge
Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar: Hike to Khumjung ValleyB/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole (4,200m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Dole to Machhermo (4,450m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo (4,750m)B/L/DLodge
Acclimatization day: Hike from Gokyo to Gokyo Ri (5,300m) and back to the GokyoB/L/DLodge
Trek from Gokyo to Thagnak (4,750m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Thagnak to Zungla (4,620m) via crossing Cho La Pass (5,330m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Zungla to Gorakshep (5,140m)B/L/DLodge
Early Morning Trek from Gorakshep to Kalapathar (5,545m) back to Gorakshep (take Lunch) – Gorakshep to EBC (5,364m) and Descend to Lobuche (4,910m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Lobuche to Tyangboche / PanbocheB/L/DLodge
Trek from Tyangboche to Monjo (2,845m) / Namche BazaarB/L/DLodge
Trek from Namche / Monjo to LuklaB/L/DLodge
Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu & Transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Sightseeing around Kathmandu ValleyBreakfastHotel
Transfer to the Tribhuvan International Airport for final DepartureBreakfast
- AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfer – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 3 nights hotel (3-star category) in Kathmandu on BB Plan sharing twin bed.
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- PERMIT : All necessary paper works: Sagarmatha National Park permit, TIMS CARD & Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality entry fee.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek. 6. MAP: Everest Region Trekking map.
- MAP : Everest Region Trekking map.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – to Lukla and while returning Lukla – to Kathmandu, with a guide as per itinerary.
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 15 Kg of personal baggage per member during the trek carried by porters.
- FOODS & LODGING : 3 meals a day (BLD; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation sharing twin bedroom at Hotel/Lodge during the trek.
- DRINKS : 2 liters of boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- GUIDE : Government licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek and sight-seeing in Kathmandu valley.
- PORTER : Porters (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porters' daily wages, salary, equipment, food & clothing.
- VALLEY SIGHTSEEING : Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley [Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by a professional guide.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit.
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee is US$ 60 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 120).
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- INSURANCE : Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, Helicopter medical & emergency evacuation. *Mandatory
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical and emergency rescue evacuation costs if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs).
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone calls, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, beer, and any alcoholic beverages.
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears, etc.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Internet facility during the trek is not included.
- EXTRA PORTER : $25 USD for an extra porter per day (If an extra porter is demanded).
- TIPS : Tips for Guide, porters, and staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.