7,455m / 24,457ft
5 - 7 Hours
Hotel + Lodge + Tent
2 - 10 PAX
Tilicho Peak is a tower at a height of 7,134m. Mountaineers rate this as a technical climb, and not so easy. There are two ways to reach up to Base Camp. Tilicho Peak expedition starts up with a drive to Khudi followed by several days trekking to the Tilicho Base Camp via Manang and Khangsar Village as well as another way is a short mountain flight from Pokhara bringing us to the dry and dusty hill town of Jomsom as well as start from Beni Bazaar to Jomsom.
From here we proceed east and north to cross the high and very difficult Mesokanto Pass at an altitude of 5300m. At the top of the pass, we managed to locate some marine fossils (shells) which testify to the fact that the Himalayas was once beneath the sea. We choose the first idea as this allows enough time for acclimatization and fewer difficulties for taking all the logistics. The views on the routes are breathtaking; anything that can surpass your imagination. What you see is Tilicho Peak and the azure and peaceful Tilicho Lake below. It is a glacial lake and unfriendly to marine life. People say they often find marine fossils (shells) that probably support the fact that the Himalayas were once beneath the sea.
Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m) & Transfer to the HotelBreakfastHotel
Rest in Kathmandu: Expedition briefing and PreparationB/DHotel
Drive from Kathmandu to Besishahar (823m)B/L/DLodge
Drive from Besishashar to Chame (2,670m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Chame to Pisang (3,100m)B/L/DLodge
Treks from Pisang to Manang (3,540m)B/L/DLodge
Acclimatization in Manang (Rest day)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Manang to Khangsar (3,700m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Khangsar to Tilicho Lake Basecamp (4,400m)B/L/DTent
Trek from Tilicho Lake Basecamp to Mesokanto (5,121m)B/L/DTent
Climbing Period [Basecamp - Tilicho Summit (7,134m) - Basecamp]B/L/DTent
Trek from Basecamap to Manang (3,540m)B/L/DLodge
Trek from Manang to TalB/L/DLodge
Drive from Tal via Besishashar to Kathmandu and transfer to the HotelB/LHotel
Leisure day in Kathmandu CityBreakfastHotel
Transfer to the Tribhuvan International Airport for final departureBreakfast
- AIRPORT PICK-UP & DROP : Airport - Hotel transfer – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- ACCOMMODATION IN KATHMANDU : 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu (3 stars) on bed & breakfast Basis-Twin Bed Room (Sharing).
- WELCOME DINNER : One Welcome Dinner in a tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staff.
- CARGO CLEARANCE : Assistance for cargo clearance in Nepal’s Custom Department, clearance cost is subject to a charge. *before the expedition.
- PERMITS : Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Tilicho, TIMS Card, Annapurna conservation area entry permit & fee.
- LIAISON OFFICER : 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary, and accommodation.
- GARBAGE DEPOSIT : Garbage Deposit fees.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staff during the trek and climbing.
- MAP : Trekking and climbing map.
- MEMBER TRANSPORTATION : Drive from Kathmandu – Chame, and while returning Tal – Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
- CLIMBING STUFFS TRANSPORTATION : Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs from Kathmandu to Chame (Drive) and Base camp (by Porters / Mule) – While returning: Base camp to Tal (by porters / Mule) and Tal to Kathmandu (Drive).
- MEMBER LUGGAGE : Up to 40 Kg of personal baggage per member during the trek carried by porter or Mule.
- FOODS & LODGING : Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and BC. Well-managed base camp set up for members & Staff.
- CAMPING EQUIPMENT : All Necessary equipment for Camping during the trek.
- PORTER : Porters (1 member: 1 Porter) from Chame to Basecamp and basecamp to Tal.
- BASE CAMP STAFF : Experienced and well-trained Base camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- STAFF SALARY & ALLOWANCE : All Nepalese staff & porter's daily wages, equipment, food & clothing.
- BASE CAMP TENT : Each member will have an individual Yak Mountain or Kailas tent in Base Camp.
- BASE CAMP EQUIPMENT : All camping equipment such as a dining tent with table and chairs, Kitchen Tent, Toilet Tent, & all necessary cooking gear.
- HEATER : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camps.
- LIGHT : Necessary light at Dinning tent and Kitchen tent.
- HIGH ALTITUDE CLIMBING SHERPA : Veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Guide.
- CLIMBING SHERPA SALARY & ALLOWANCE : Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food, and Clothing.
- OXYGEN BOTTLE (O2) : Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with appropriate charge).
- OXYGEN MASK & REGULATOR : 1 Set of Summit Oxygen masks will be in base camp in case of an emergency.
- HIGH CAMP SERVICE : High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot for a member, High food for a member, Sherpa, all climbing and cooking crew at (C1) (C2) and (C3). Group climbing gears, and fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- WALKIE-TALKIE : Walkie–Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- WALKIE-TALKIE PEMIT : Satellite Phone/walkie-talkie permit for all members and staff.
- MEDICAL KIT : Comprehensive Medical kit for group.
- WEATHER FORECAST : Weather forecast report during the entire expedition.
- SUMMIT CERTIFICATE : Mt. Tilicho climbing certificate issued by MoCTCA (after climbing Mt. Tilicho successfully).
- INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE : International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- NEPAL VISA FEES : Nepali Visa fee is US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- LUNCH & DINNER : Lunch & dinner during the stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- EXTRA NIGHTS IN KATHMANDU : Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu & Pokhara. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- STAFF INSURANCE : Travel and high-altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- RESCUE EVACUATION : Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests, and Hospitalization costs.)
- PERSONAL EXPENSES : Telephone, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, soft drinks, and any Alcoholic beverages.
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT : Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- TOILETRIES : Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- FILMING : Special Filming, Camera, and Drone permit fee.
- INTERNET SERVICE : Internet facility is not included.
- SUMMIT BONUS : Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa.
- TIPS : Calculate some tips for Basecamp staff.
- EXTRA : Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary. Any other item not listed in the “Cost Includes” section.