All inclusive price2500 USD
|Max. Altitude:||5,644 m / 18,517.06 ft.||Walking Per Day:||5 - 7 Hours|
|Nature:||Hotel + Lodge||Grade:|
|Best Season:||Spring||Group Size:||Max. Participation : 500 People|
It’s a grueling marathon starting at an altitude of about 5644 meters on the highly revered and respected Mt. Everest. This is not just another battle among participants but also a battle with harsh weather conditions, altitude sickness fatigue and more over a distance of 21.7 km. If you have it in you, make a beeline to participate in this unique challenge of a lifetime.
Welcome to BREATHLESS - THE WORLD'S HIGHEST RACE.
The race officially start from the laps of Mt. Everest (Kalapathar) and end at Syangboche with the total distance of 21.7 Km / 13.48 miles. Anyone can join, whoever wants to RACE in the surrounding of the Himalayas, this Event gives you the best opportunity ever to prove yourself.
15 April 2020 : Arrival to Kathmandu & Transfer to the Hotel (1,400m)
16 April 2020 : Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley
17 April 2020 : Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and trek to Phakding (2,800m)
18 April 2020 : Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazzar (3,440m)
19 April 2020 : Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day ( Rest Day).
20 April 2020 : Trek from Namche Bazzar to Tyangboche Monastry (3,860m)
21 April 2020 : Trek from Tyangboche to Dingboche (4,243m)
22 April 2020 : Day trip from Dingboche to Chhukung Valley 4,710 m and trek back to Dingboche.
23 April 2020 : Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,930m)
24 April 2020 : Trek from Lobuche to Everest Basecamp (5,365m) & back to Gorakhsherp(5,170m) : The final preparation of The World's Highest Race (Breathless).
25 April 2020 : Hike up to Kalapathar 5,644 meters early in the morning then 9:00AM Race Strats from Kalapathar (5,644m) to Syangboche (3,780m) - 21.7 KM
26 April 2020 : Trek from Syangboche to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
27 April 2020 : Trek from Namche to Lukla (2,860 m)
28 April 2020 : Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu and transfer to the Hotel
29 April 2020 : Leisure day in Kathmandu City
Overnight Stay in the Hotel.
30 April 2020 : Transfer to International Airport for final departure.
1. Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
2. Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast.
3. Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in Kathmandu with Official organizers team.
4. Permit: All necessary paper works: The World Highest Race Participants registration fee, Sagarmatha National Park permit, TIMS permit & conservation entry fee.
5. Insurance: Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the Race.
6. Route Map: Event’s route map.
-Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla – Kathmandu.
-Stuffs Transportation: Necessary all equipment Transportation for all participants and Guide. From Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo) and during the trek by Porters – While returning: to Lukla (by porters) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo).
8. Member Luggage: Up to 15 Kg per member for personal baggage during the Race trek carrying by porters.
9. Food and Lodging: Food 3 meals a day including tea and coffee along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge during the Race trek.
10. Drinking: Fresh juice and 2 liters boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
11. Guide: Local government licensed trekking Guide (English speaking) during the Race trek and sight seeing in Kathmandu valley.
12. Porter: Porters (2 trekkers: 1 porter) during the trek.
13. Staff Salary and allowance: All staffs & porters daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing provide by Organizer.
14. Valley Sight seeing: Sight seeing in Kathmandu Valley [Pashupatinath?Temple, Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by professional guide.
15. Comprehensive Medical kit with doctors.
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from your own country to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee:Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (for Chinese and Indian passport visa is free)
- Lunch & Dinner:Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from race Trekking than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu:Extra nights accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from race Trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses:Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, Boiled water, beer, coke, and also Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears & Equipment.
- Internet Service: Internet facility during the trek in not included.
- $15 usd for extra porter per day (If extra porter demanded).
- Tips: Tips for Guide, porters and staffs.
- Extra:Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes”.
An event like this is an immense responsibility and the organizers shall leave no stones unturned in order to ensure safety of the participants and the personnel. The terrain is very hostile and proper safety measures are indispensable. Even the most experienced climbers and athletes find it difficult to withstand the mountain harshness in extreme weather. Altitude sickness, cold, frostbite, etc. are inescapable if proper arrangements are not made. Moreover, the terrain is vastly uncharted with accidents posing imminent threats. Elaborate planning and counter measures are essential to tackle issues that may arise with health, nutrition and rescue.
1. Medical Arrangement
Conducting marathons at such high altitudes is risky; strict precautions are taken for safeguarding life of the participants and facilitators alike from sickness or accidents. Every participant of the race will be subjected to elaborate health checkups and fitness tests in order to make sure that they are fit enough to participate. Arrangements of medical personnel and supplies will be made throughout the course of the race to tackle any form of emergencies that may arise during the marathon. At every 5 kilometers of the race track, doctors and medical personnel will be deployed along with necessary first aid kits, blood pressure checking devices, oxygen bottles / mask regulators and walkie-talkies.
2.Food and Water Related Arrangement
Right food and diet is crucial to athletes on such a grueling run. Appropriate food and diet has been planned for participants through the duration of the program. During the race, beverages like glucose, juice, warm water and instant energy boosters like chocolate are stocked at intervals of 5 kms. Since such an adventure has never been attempted at such a great height, there is a probability that even the fittest people may require reinforcements. Installing food stalls at frequent intervals will be immensely helpful in overcoming fatigue, thirst or dizziness as the race progresses.
3. Rescue Arrangement
A helicopter, equipped to respond to medical emergencies will be positioned in Syangboche (3780m), which will be summoned immediately in case rescue seems imminent. In case of accidents or serious sickness, personnel deployed throughout the race track will inform the helicopter crew. The helicopter will be equipped with sufficient supply of oxygen and essential medical gear. Trained medical personnel aboard will provide secondary medical response until the patient reaches the hospital.
For signing up : Click on the link mentioned below :