All inclusive price0.00 USD
|Max. Altitude:||6,189m / 2 0,305ft.||Walking Per Day:||4 - 6 Hours|
|Nature:||Hotel + Lodge + Tent||Grade:|
|Best Season:||Spring / Autumn||Group Size:||2 -12 People|
Imja Tse peak or also popularly known as Island Peak stands tall with modest height of 6,189m. English Mountaineer Eric Shipton named it as an Island Peak in 1953. He thought it resembles an island in a sea of ice seeing it from Dingboche. In 1983, Island Peak again got its new name as Imja Tse. Island peak climbing is done along with the Everest Base Camp Trek. With very little technical aspects, it offers itself even to the beginner climber with competitive endurance. Hence, it is one of the most popular choices among the 6000m. Island Peak welcomes hundreds of climbers group each year luring them to its peak.
Island Peak trek spans of around 19 days. The trip begins after landing in Lukla airport. Spending couple of nights in Namche Bazaar the climbers acquaint gradually before actually climbing the Island Peak. It takes four to five days to reach the Base camp of Island Peak. Here in the base camp climbers have to familiarize them self with the climatic condition before actually pushing them self to the summit. The ascent to the top starts off with along a ridge where climbers use foot traction device popularly known as crampons along with a rope to elevate upwards. The way across the glacier is easy with occasional fractures in them. After reaching the top, exquisite view of Lhotse Shar, Makalu, Baruntse and Ama Damblam is seen. This peak was first ascended by Tenzing Norgay who was a part of British Team preparing for the Everest Triumph.After reaching the summit, you descend via main Everest Trail to Lukla Airport.
Hotel: BB Plan
- Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu: 3nights hotel in Kathmandu (3 Star Category) on bed & breakfast Basis- Sharing Twin Bed Room.
- Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staffs.
- Permit All necessary paper works: Island Peak climbing Permit from NMA, Sagarmatha National Park entry permit, TIMS CARD & Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality entry fee.
- Garbage Management:Garbage Deposit fees.
- Insurance:Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek and climbing.
- Map:Trekking and climbing map.
- Member transportation:
- Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla - Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
- Climbing Stuffs Transportation:Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs from Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo) and to Base camp (by Porters)– While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo).
- Member Luggage:Up to 25 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters.
- Food and Lodging: 3 Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge during the trek.
- Drinking: 2 liters boiled water to carry on thermos per day per member.
- Porter:Porters (1 member: 1 Porter) during the trek.
- Climbing Sherpa: Veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Guide.
- Climbing Sherpa Salary & Allowance: Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food and Clothing.
- Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staffs & porters daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing.
- Oxygen Bottle (O2):Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with appropriate charge).
- High camp service: Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for member, high altitude tent (sharing basis), high food for member, Sherpa and climbing crews. Group climbing gears, fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required.
- Light:Necessary light at all tents. * if required.
- Guide: Government licensed Guide (English speaking) during the trek and sight-seeing in Kathmandu valley.
- Valley Sightseeing:Sight-seeing in Kathmandu Valley [Swoyambu (Monkey temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square] by professional guide.
- Comprehensive Medical kit.
- Certificate:Island Peak climbing certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association (after climbing the Island Peak successfully).
Note: All expedition stuffs and equipment have to return after the expedition.
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee $60 USD per person for 30 days and to be applied for 60 days is $120 USD.
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high-altitude insurance, accident, helicopter medical & emergency evacuation. *Mandatory
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will serve soft drinks for members in base camp).
- Personal Equipment: Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- Toiletries: Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- Filming: Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit fee.
- Internet Service: Not included during the trek.
- $25 USD for extra porter per day (If extra porter demanded).
- Summit Bonus: Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa.
- Tips: Tips for Basecamp and other staffs.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.